Friday 30 May 2014

Katy Perry reveals she uses drugs to combat world tour nerves- 'I can't do without the pills' – #BringBackOurGirls #Entertain9jar via @myentertain9jar

The Roar singer talks about beta blockers use, her drinking, and why she had to be with Russell Brand

KATY Perry may have been singing up a storm in the UK this week, but the Roar hitmaker has revealed she relies on drugs to get over crippling stage fright.
Katy, who recently started her Prismatic world tour, which runs until December, said: “I have to take beta blockers [before each show], I get so nervous.
"[I think] that I have to get through this; I can’t let these people down, but mostly I can’t let myself down.
Katy Perry says she is terrified of letting herself down when she performs [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
Katy Perry says she is terrified of letting herself down when she performs [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
Referring to her pop competition, she added: "I’ve been given a great opportunity and there are 500 bitches behind me who will snatch my weave off my head if I don’t kick-ball-change through this two-hour show. There is a lot of choice out there. All I’m trying to do is make great music.”

Katy, who appears on the cover of the July issue of Cosmopolitan magazine, also revealed that she always treats herself to a tipple after each show.
“I don’t think I’ve ever drunk a drink before I’ve got on stage," she told the magazine. "But I always have one waiting for me when I get off stage – a glass of champagne.
Katie is currently in the UK with her Prismatic tour [Wenn]
Katie is currently in the UK with her Prismatic tour [Wenn]
"It’s a real dance with the devil: learning how to be professional and have a celebratory time. In your late twenties you’re trying to figure out what your drinks are and if they agree with you and your blood type.
I definitely black out on whisky so I don’t drink it anymore. Champagne usually gives everybody a headache, but I can have, like, five glasses and be completely fine.”
A girl after our own heart.
Katy says she had to 'go through the mud' of her relationship with Russell Brand [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
Katy says she had to 'go through the mud' of her relationship with Russell Brand [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
Meanwhile, the 29-year-old, who is Cosmopolitan's first-ever global cover star, appearing on issues of the women's mag around the world, also spoke about her brief marriage to Russell Brand, and told how the toxic relationship forced her into therapy.
She said: “I guess I happen to be attracted to high-frequency men… A lot of therapy has happened [since Russell Brand] and a lot of understanding and growth.
Sometimes you have to go through all this s**t to get your grips on life, and figure out what your next boundaries in your love life and world are going to be.
Katy Perry is Cosmopolitan's first global cover star – and will appear in 62 editions worldwide [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
Katy Perry is Cosmopolitan's first global cover star – and will appear in 62 editions worldwide [Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan]
"You have to go through the mud in order to find that peaceful place. In the long run, it was necessary for me to have more of a teammate.”
Surely you're not talking about John Mayer there, Katy?
For further content, please go to cosmopolitan.co.ukThe full interview appears in the July issue of Cosmopolitan, on sale June 3. Also available in digital edition on Apple Newsstand.
Watch the video for Katy Perry's Roar below.

No comments:

Post a Comment