Monday 2 June 2014

David Beckham takes to a motorbike to explore Brazil for TV documentary Into The Unknown – WATCH TRAILER #BringBackOurGirls #Entertain9jar via @myentertain9jar

Victoria Beckham's husband marks his retirement from football and goes somewhere he says he's 'unrecognisable'

FANS of David Beckham are being treated to a special documentary of the dad-of-four's trip around Brazil.
The hour and a half special sees the 39-year-old and his three closest pals – Anthony Mandler (a world-renowned photographer and video director), Derek White (an experienced motorbike rider), and best friend Dave Gardner – take to their motorbikes and journey through the Amazon rainforest.
David Beckham's new documentary Into The Unknown will air next week [Getty]
David Beckham's new documentary Into The Unknown will air next week [Getty]
The dad-of-four told Michael Palin the reason for the trip was to mark his retirement from football [Getty]
The dad-of-four told Michael Palin the reason for the trip was to mark his retirement from football [Getty]
Talking to Michael Palin about the experience, Victoria Beckham's husband said: "I retired 12 months ago and my whole life, my whole career has been about having a particular schedule that I’ve always kept to, so we just wanted to be able to jump on the bikes and do what we wanted, wherever we wanted.
"I wanted to do something that we would all enjoy - I'm a big motorbike rider and so are two of my three friends that came with me on this trip. It was the kind of journey that had no schedule.
Related article: David Beckham turns heads in sweat-drenched top
"It was important to also find somewhere where I was unrecognisable, and we found that."
But the journey wasn't without its challenges and Becks found sleeping in a hammock tricky.
The 39-year-old took his love of motorbikes to the next level [Getty]
The 39-year-old took his love of motorbikes to the next level [Getty]
"I’ve been in a hammock before with the kids or with Victoria, but sleeping in a hammock that was going to be your bed for 12 days, that was a whole different thing," he admitted.
"My first night’s sleep in the hammock was terrible, I had about 30 minutes sleep. About two days later someone decided to explain how best to sleep in a hammock and after that it was great."
And the 39-year-old revealed the lack of washing facilities was particularly challenging.
"I am a clean person, so that was pretty tough for me," he said.
Watch Into The Unknown on BBC1 at 8.30pm on Monday 9 June. 
Click PLAY on the video above to watch David Beckham's Into The Unknown trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment