Monday 9 June 2014

Rebecca Adlington admits 'I get told I'm ugly everyday' #BringBackOurGirls #Entertain9jar via @myentertain9jar

I'm A Celebrity star opens up about online bullying during self-esteem and social media debate

REBECCA Adlington has openly struggled with self-esteem and confidence issues in the past.
The Olympic gold medalist hit a low point when she broke down over her insecurities when she appeared on I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! last year.
Rebecca Adlington opened up about her self-esteem issues [Wenn]
Rebecca Adlington opened up about her self-esteem issues [Wenn]
The swimmer, who allegedly had a nose job back in February, has had to deal with streams of online abuse about her looks and has even been forced to block trolls on social media. 
Speaking at the Dove self-esteem debate at Selfridges, the newly appointed Dove Real Beauty Panellist explained: “I look at Twitter every single day and often get messages that say, 'you are ugly'.
"I’d say 90 per cent of [the followers] who say this are under the age of 18 and I just want to say, ‘do something better with your life’.
"The block button is my best friend. Nobody has said a bad thing to my face but yet I have had to block 1,000 on Twitter," she continued.
The Olympic gold medalist said she has to deal with trolls on a daily basis [Wenn]
The Olympic gold medalist said she has to deal with trolls on a daily basis [Wenn]
But Becky, who's marrying long-term boyfriend Harry Needs in the summer, said she's reluctant to quit social media for the sake of her fans.
“I stay on because I get so many younger fans saying, ‘I have got a gala’ or ‘I want to be like you in sport’.
"When we were growing up, I didn’t have a sports star to look up to and if I can help just one person, it is worth it.  That is the power of the internet," she finished.
Rebecca Adlington allegedly had a nose job back in February [Rex]
Rebecca Adlington allegedly had a nose job back in February [Rex]
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment